11 September 2008

9/11

Wow, 7 years have already passed since 9/11. It seems like many many years ago. It amazes me how much our lives in America have changed since that day. I don't remember alot from my younger days but this day I remember clearly. 7th grade English class w/ Mrs. Price and my history teacher Mrs. Gabler came running into the class room and was yelling at us to turn the tv on and we did just in time to see the second tower being hit. I just remember sitting there not knowing what to think.

After that sad day, Americans because more patriotic, believed in America more. What has happened to that in the last 7 years? We should not stop being so patriotic just because many years have past since 9/11. We should be united everyday of every year.

Many people dislike Bush for us going to war after this occured but honestly I think it was a good decision. I was reading an article earlier and since that day and our War on Terrorism began there hasn't been a terrorist attack in America in approx. 2,557 days, sounds to me like something is working. Of course I hate hearing about the soldiers dying but they are heroes in my eyes, they died fighting for their country to PROTECT us. It kills me when we have so many protesters fighting against the war and hating the soldiers for doing there job, it's because of those soldiers your hating you can say the stuff you do, it's because of them you have the right to protest. BE THANKFUL. Yes I would love to see the war end but we are helping the people who for so long were being killed by their own.

We in America have so much to be thankful and everybody takes it for granted everyday. We can vote, share our opinon with anybody, we have the right to wear what we want, women we don't have to cover our bodies, we don't have to have arranged marriages, we can vote and that is so much more than the women in the middle east can say.

I guess I just want to say I'm sorry and I pray for everyone that lost a close friend, family member, loved one, teacher or anyone else who lost someone on that sad , horrible day in America's history.
Also I want to thank anyone in the Armed Serivces that has been sent overseas to help fight in this fight that ya'll are my heroes. I'm sorry ya'll don't get the recognition you deserve for all you do through out the entire year.
I am extremely proud of my dad who served in the Air Force for 20 years, your my hero, also my boyfriend who I love more than anything who is currently serving in the Air Force you are also my hero.

Thanks! and God Bless!

No comments: